BoXoRRoXoRs
Home  Home      Forums  Forums    IRC  IRC    About  About    Tutorials  Tutorials    Tools  Tools    Game Info  Game Info    Search  Search    Links  Links
Register  ::  Log in

Request: Ridiculous Timing for OpenITG « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
BarX
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Request: Ridiculous Timing for OpenITG Reply with quote

n00b

Hi all,

OpenITG should add Ridiculous Timing in it and make it selectable in the modifier menu, or in a seperate menu when you just press start after putting credits in the machine. It'd give a shitload of players who can quad stuff a new edge of scoring.

This is the reason why there should be ridiculouses in OpenITG, lol;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPPR1qii2us

It would be useful tho. Just my opinion.

vyhd
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxami Development Team

tl;dr not doable with the USB 1.1 I/O speeds

Ryan McKanna wrote:
mDaWg wrote:
Obesity is a huge issue

YOU CLEVER DOG

shakesoda wrote:
Teenagers parents found with hundreds of right-foot imprints in their skulls after forcing child to play Utopia EX.
BarX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n00b

What do you mean not doable with 1.1 speeds?

Kalek
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITG Hacker

the timing window is as small as it can be without inaccuracies ie "pad fantastics"

except this time, instead of being caused by the pad, it's caused by the i/o board connected through usb 1.1, which is too slow to have a high enough polling rate to support ridiculous timing

vyhd
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxami Development Team

Not doable with USB 1.1 I/O speeds, exactly what it says on the tin.

Let's explain further, since that doesn't seem to suffice as an explanation.

There are two main PIU I/O systems to keep in mind: normal I/O and R16 I/O. (OpenITG uses the R16 system if an R16+ patch is installed, normal otherwise).

The Fantastic window is 0.0225 seconds, or 22.5 ms, for both systems.

The normal I/O rate varies wildly from 60 to 90 Hz. This gives 0.011-0.016 seconds per update cycle. At the best case, two I/O cycles will fall within the Fantastic window. At the worst case, 1.3 cycles in the window.

The R16 I/O rate stays at a relatively constant 85-110 Hz. This gives 0.009-0.012 seconds per update. At the best case, we have 2.5 I/O cycles within the window, and 2 cycles in the worst case.

Naturally, since not all systems are using R16 I/O (patch not installed, old system, different kernel), we have to optimize for the worst case, which is 0.016 seconds. Allowing for some fuzz in the I/O system, the smallest we could reasonably make a smaller window is 0.017 seconds, which is so small a difference as to mostly defeat the point.

ITG I/O is fast enough to support it properly (110-160 Hz, making its worst case comparable to R16's best case), but I don't think we'd get very far releasing a smaller timing window for only upgrade cabinets...

Ryan McKanna wrote:
mDaWg wrote:
Obesity is a huge issue

YOU CLEVER DOG

shakesoda wrote:
Teenagers parents found with hundreds of right-foot imprints in their skulls after forcing child to play Utopia EX.
Elipsis
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n00b

Hahaha, just found this.

With the sampling window, it does indeed seem like a silly idea. I'm glad you enjoy the mod, though. Smile

Jump to: